Venue: UNIVERSITI SAINS ISLAM MALAYSIA (USIM), Malaysia
Date: 29 April 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The MUKTAMAR WAQF IQLIMI 2014 provides a platform for open dialogues and discussions among academics, researchers, postgraduate students, and practitioners to address current and pertinent issues, prospects, challenges and opportunities in the field of Waqf and Baitulmal in ASEAN and the World. The is parallel with Zakat and Baitulmal, in its importance, especially in enhancing the economy of the ummah. Waqf is outlined by Islam as a fiscal measure bridging the economic gap amongst society with the objective of achieving the spirit of justice and the ultimate goal of al-Falah. Therefore it is hoped that every citizen in ASEAN and the World should be empowered by the Islamic economy system and benefit from the strengthening and development of the economy of the ummah.
To arrive at the general aim of the seminar, these objectives are proposed;
• As a platform in the dissemination of knowledge and exchange information / experiences to be applied in the development of Institutions of Higher Learning using waqf instruments.
• To bring together the expertise of various institutions with the view to improve the quality and quantity of research and innovation in the field of waqf and Baitulmal.
• To promote and improve waqf and Baitulmal practices to increase the number of philanthropic activities among ASEAN countries.
• To enhance good governance practices through the formulation of informed policy for waqf projects in ASEAN countries.
1 Waqf and Economic Development
• Administration and Management of Waqf Institution
• Waqf Fund Management
• Waqf Fund for Islamic Higher Institution
• Waqf Financing for Development Project
• The roles of Waqf in Islamic Institution
• The Best practices of Waqf instrument in ASEAN Region
2 Baitulmal and Economic Development
• The roles of Baitulmal in Globalisation Era
• Baitulmal Management
• Baitulmal Administration
• The roles of Zakat, Sadaqah, Hibah and Infaq in Baitulmal
• The Best practices of Baitulmal in ASEAN Region
• The execution of Baitulmal in theory and practice
3 Management and Roles of Philanthropic Instrument in Islam
4 And any other relevent areas of interest on Waqf and Baitulmal.
Those intending to present papers at IQLIMI 2014 must submit an abstract and full paper electronically through online submission system latest by 21 March 2014. The abstract should be not be more than 300 words, typed in font size 10, Times New Roman, single spaced and justified. Language can either be in English, Malay or Arabic. Abstract should contain: purpose of the study, method and findings. Please include not more than 5 keywords with the abstract.
References to other publications must be in American Psychology Association (APA) referencing style and references should be carefully checked for completeness, accuracy and consistency. Papers should follow the provided Format of Paper Writing.
1. Full Paper/Abstract Deadline: 21 March 2014 2. Acceptance Notification: 28 March 2014 3. Camera-ready Paper Deadline: 8 April 2014 4. Early Bird Deadline: 5 April 2014
REGISTRATION AND ONLINE SUBMISSION
Registration and submission of full paper must be done electronically through the online submission system.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you on 29 April 2014 in Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM), Malaysia
IQLIMI 2014 secretariat
Pusat Pembangunan Pembiayaan Wakaf (PPPW)
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
Bandar Baru Nilai
Dr Fuadah Johari (Person in Charge)
off : +606 798 86646 / 86412
Hp : 013 364 83